1964 Nova
m***@gmail.com
2007-06-04 07:02:50 UTC
Hello I have a 64 Nova with a straight six, I want to put in a 305 or
350. Do I need to update the suspension.....which is original. or can
I replace the motor and tranny and get by with replacing the rubber
bushing with polyurethane ones?
Malibu81
2007-06-08 03:37:06 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Hello I have a 64 Nova with a straight six, I want to put in a 305 or
350. Do I need to update the suspension.....which is original. or can
I replace the motor and tranny and get by with replacing the rubber
bushing with polyurethane ones?
definately replace all of the bushings for sure, and ya may wanna
loose the front springs for some V8 springs or the front end will sag
like a 80 year old's breasts. and possibly damage the oil pan at a
very inopportune moment, not like there is a good time to damage the
oil pan hahaha.
Good luck, let me know how it works.

Brett B.
Eugene Blanchard
2007-06-10 07:49:19 UTC
You have to get a special oil pan that clears the steering linkage. Easy to
pick up. Here's some info

http://rmcavoy.freeshell.org/nova_parts.html
--
Eugene Blanchard