Do any of you use an oxy-acet torch for exhaust work?
AWN
2007-10-07 14:11:19 UTC
I have some exhaust work to do on an old project Nissan and I'm wondering if
any of you use gas torches for this? If so, what do you best suggest for
the filler? I've heard that coat hanger and bailing wire material works
well but I also have some rods kicking around. Do I need to grind the tubes
much??

Thanks for any input you might have.
Andrew.
djdave
2007-10-09 21:26:36 UTC
Ive used coat hangers on the top of my amc gremlin fenders when I was
a kid. They worked well.
Any rental shops around you could rent a mig welder from? I bought one
from harbor freight for 250 bux and L O V E it.

Andrew.
AWN
2007-10-18 04:21:45 UTC
I've been looking into going MIG also but at this point, I wanted to master
the O/A setup I have. I've been turning out some decent beads with my torch
but I wanted to see about practical advice regarding folks that had used O/A
while under the car and on their backs, etc for vertical/inverted welds.

If it comes down to it, my friend had a Lincoln 175Plus in his shop that I
can likely get some time with.

Thanks and take care,
Andrew.