Powerfist/Princess Auto MIG (220V feedback)
AWN
2007-09-14 15:20:19 UTC
Has anyone ever used the 220V MIG sold at Princess Auto? It's made by
PowerFist which I believe is their offshore import house brand. The unit
has a 3/16" barb for a gas regulator and it comes with the gauges. I need
it to do some light body work and maybe the odd exhaust repair. At this
point I can't commit to a high end machine so I wanted to know if anyone had
feedback on this one???

Thanks.
Andrew.
tb
2007-10-04 00:41:22 UTC
a few years ago I bought a relatively cheap mig welder from summit racing.
it was not very good for welding sheet metal as the voltage and speed
adjustments weren't fine enough and it was always blowing holes in the
metal. I broke down and bought a Miller mig welder and all of a sudden
could weld sheet metal.
I would have been ahead just buying a real good one right at the start.

Tony
Andrew.
AWN
2007-10-05 17:35:12 UTC
Tony,

Thanks. This is great feedback. I ended up starting off with a OXY/ACET
torch kit and we'll go from there... Thanks again.
A.