chevy 350 head castings
b***@msn.com
2007-11-23 15:14:14 UTC
Ok, well im getting ready to rebuild a set of heads with springs,
seals,keepers,and i am going to clean a set up real good and port and
polish them....I have two sets, one set that is on my 350 right now
but it needs valve seals cuz they are totally broke in half ....and
the 2nd set came off of my blown up 350.....the first set the casting
# is 462624 and the 2nd set is 4333882......what would be the better
set of heads to use????i have been told that both #'s arnt a very good
head but waht do y'all think????im getting ready to run a mild cam but
what is the maximum size cam that i should use??? i have an edelbrock
performer intake,edelbrock 650 carb,headers 3" back to single chamber
flowmasters.....and i need torque to turn the 35's so what would give
me what im looking for??? Thanks
b***@msn.com
*******sorry the 2nd is 333882
Just another guy
2007-11-24 15:26:37 UTC
333882 was used from 73 to 80 on 350s and 400s If it has the steam holes
drilled in then its for a 400. if not its for a 350. It was also used w/o
steam holes on Z28 350 74-76.

This page shows the location of the steam holes for a 400 head. I was
drilling the holes for my 400 block (picture towards the bottom of the
page):

http://www.cadvision.com/blanchas/54pontiac/heads.html

462624 was used on 350 Corvettes and Camaros from 1971-85, its a high
performance head. It was also used on some 400 truck blocks.

Edelbrock performer cam would work. I would be more worried about what rear
end ratio you have and tranny type (overdrive, auto, manual?). If you need
torque than get a higher rear end ratio - 3.73 or 4.11
***@wahoo.org
b***@msn.com
2007-11-25 21:53:01 UTC
Post by b***@msn.com
Post by b***@msn.com
Ok, well im getting ready to rebuild a set of heads with springs,
seals,keepers,and i am going to clean a set up real good and port and
polish them....I have two sets, one set that is on my 350 right now
but it needs valve seals cuz they are totally broke in half ....and
the 2nd set came off of my blown up 350.....the first set the casting
# is 462624 and the 2nd set is 4333882......what would be the better
set of heads to use????i have been told that both #'s arnt a very good
head but waht do y'all think????im getting ready to run a mild cam but
what is the maximum size cam that i should use??? i have an edelbrock
performer intake,edelbrock 650 carb,headers 3" back to single chamber
flowmasters.....and i need torque to turn the 35's so what would give
me what im looking for??? Thanks
*******sorry the 2nd is 333882
ok,thanks...so i should use the 624 heads then???and i have a sm465 4
speed tranny and 4.11 gears...thanks alot i appreciate it...
b***@msn.com
2007-11-26 20:23:59 UTC
Post by b***@msn.com
Post by b***@msn.com
[...]
speed tranny and 4.11 gears...thanks alot i appreciate it...- Hide quoted text -
i was also looking at the comp 12-239-3 the specs look like it would
be decent for me with a decent noticable idle