Working under a car gives me intestinal issues....
HiC
2007-06-19 00:22:58 UTC
I notice that when I work under a car, it seems to give me
gastrointestinal issues and even makes me a bit queasy. Could it be
some kind of issue with coming in contact with grease/oil and fumes?
Frank ess
2007-06-19 02:15:30 UTC
Post by HiC
I notice that when I work under a car, it seems to give me
gastrointestinal issues and even makes me a bit queasy. Could it be
some kind of issue with coming in contact with grease/oil and fumes?
Working under a car gives me nausea so quick the intestinal part
doesn't get a chance to become an issue. My usual routine was work
twenty minutes, throw up for five, work anothey twenty, /ad nauseum/,
so to speak.

In my case it's creeping vertigo, struck first when I was about 55
years old. My doctor says there's no need to worry: no known cure. A
co-worker said her mother had vertigo 100% of the time, not just when
crawling (face up, right?) under cars. The mother takes Dramamine
before any occasion where it's important to not fall down or throw up.

I've been trying it for the past few sway-bar changes: don't eat for a
couple hours before a session, take a Dramamine tablet half-an-hour
before. So far, still get some of the sensations, but no up-chucking
during a couple two-hour jobs.

Of course I know a person for whom entering a library building acts
like a laxative. Ten minutes inside and it's off to the bathroom. What
do you suppose /that's/ all about?
--
Frank ess
sandy eggo CA
Father Guido
2007-06-19 02:23:27 UTC
Post by Frank ess
Post by HiC
I notice that when I work under a car, it seems to give me
gastrointestinal issues and even makes me a bit queasy. Could it be
some kind of issue with coming in contact with grease/oil and fumes?
Maybe if you could get to a garage that rents out hoists you'd be able
to walk about and maybe not feel constricted underneath.
Proctologically Violated©®
2007-06-19 06:34:15 UTC
Post by HiC
[...]
Post-University Traumatic Stress Syndrome.
Or Reality-TV/VideoGame-itis. Reading anything other than tabloid headlines
causes incontinence.
Also caused by the Paris Hilton bacteria Parisitus coli.
--
------

Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican.
Ending Corruption in Congress is the *Single Best Way*
to Materially Improve Your Family's Life.
The Solution is so simple--and inexpensive!

all d'numbuhs
--
Frank ess
sandy eggo CA
Max Power
2007-06-19 16:15:38 UTC
[...]
elevator music was invented to combat vertigo. Maybe you could pipe some
into your garage.
Frank ess
2007-06-19 19:12:13 UTC
Post by Max Power
Post by Frank ess
Working under a car gives me nausea so quick the intestinal part
doesn't get a chance to become an issue. My usual routine was work
twenty minutes, throw up for five, work anothey twenty, /ad
nauseum/, so to speak. In my case it's creeping vertigo, struck
first when I was about 55
years old. My doctor says there's no need to worry: no known cure. A
co-worker said her mother had vertigo 100% of the time, not just
when crawling (face up, right?) under cars. The mother takes
Dramamine before any occasion where it's important to not fall down
or throw up.
[ ... ]
Post by Max Power
elevator music was invented to combat vertigo. Maybe you could pipe
some into your garage.
Really? Sounds like a good plan. Guess I'll find a few music-ed
elevators and do some auditioning. I've never laid down in an elevator
before.
Frank ess
Max Power
2007-06-20 01:32:44 UTC
Post by Frank ess
Post by Max Power
elevator music was invented to combat vertigo. Maybe you could pipe
some into your garage.
Really? Sounds like a good plan. Guess I'll find a few music-ed elevators
and do some auditioning. I've never laid down in an elevator before.
--
Frank ess
looked on the internet but found nothing, but according to a thing I saw on
the history channel it was a WWI generals idea, he got it because they found
it to be effective in helping soldiers with shell shock.
Mark C.
Jim Warman
2007-06-20 04:02:27 UTC
I duuno... sometimes a customer will tell me he worked on the car before he
brought it to me and that can give me gastro inhoosismawatzits...

You might try some of that pussy-boy stuff like nitrile gloves and see if
that helps....

Sorry for the pb reference.... some folks think it's funny when something
goes amiss and a tech rides home in the back of a truck to shower and
change....