hello I'm new to the group
K***@aol.com
2008-06-28 02:55:30 UTC
My name is Mario I restore old VW's in NC. but built street rods in NY
and been in the body and paint business 22 yrs. i'm a fan of all old
and custom cars.

Mario

please take a look at some of my work http://community.webshots.com/user/Kafertoys
Meyer
2008-07-01 21:39:03 UTC
Post by K***@aol.com
My name is Mario I restore old VW's in NC. but built street rods in NY
and been in the body and paint business 22 yrs. i'm a fan of all old
and custom cars.
Mario
please take a look at some of my work  http://community.webshots.com/user/Kafertoys
That is a lie: Mario has been posting here for years. Mario has also
been defrauding customers for years.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the saga of the thief, Mario
Gavazzi doing business as "Vintage Works" amd using the name
"Kafertoys" on the web - here is a short rundown:

The Samba feedback for Mario (15 pages after being culled through many
times - all negaative): http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=96792

A site that had to be created especially to warn folks away from Mario
with documented proof of one of Mario's earlier thefts:
http://www.mariogavazzivintagewerks.com/

Local news video coverage of one of Mario and Sherry's latest thefts:

Mario is now permanently flagged as a thief on Richard Atwell's site
(a highly respected venue - look for "Caveat Emptor"): http://www.ratwell.com/

The documented saga of Joan's bug, one of Mario and Sherry's more
blatant crimes: http://metwiz.com/joansbug.htm

A recap on the SEWR (an offshoot of the old TS Rants - not
affiliated): http://www.thesambachops.com/SeaElephant/viewtopic.php?t=937

We know of literally dozens of people who have been shafted by Mario
and Sherry. This is very well documented. It was proven beyond any
doubt in these very user groups that Mario is an habitual liar. He has
claimed multiple show wins this year, and when directly challenged to
provide details, he was unable to do so.

Do buisiness with this guy, and you will undoubtedly regret it.

K***@aol.com
2008-07-02 04:36:58 UTC
some of the VW people just get real whiny when they can't pay for
quality work.

its funny all the trouble some of these people will go thru just to
get a discount from the one guy that started all this be cause he
sells VW parts.

Mario.
Meyer
2008-07-02 15:23:04 UTC
Post by K***@aol.com
some of the VW people just get real whiny when they can't pay for
quality work.
its funny all the trouble some of these people will go  thru just to
get a discount from the one guy that started all this be cause he
sells VW parts.
Mario.
And that's the customer service you can expect from Mario. (By the
way, Mario didn't write that - his wife, Sherry, did - she's just as
crooked as he is.) You will notice that the response was not an answer
to the feedback and news stories above - none of it lies. My favorite
is this one - http://youtu.be/JeQ8UwWPP4Y - which shows
footage of a local television investigative news team's visit to
Mario's business. Mario ends up running away and hiding in his office
rather than even attempt to answer the simplest questions about how he
conducts business.

Better yet: just do a Google search on "Mario Gavazzi", "Kafertoys",
or "Vintage Werks Resto" and you'll see all you need to know. And
everything is fully documented. At this point, people in the
legitimate part of the VW air-cooled world are taking turns trying to
stop Mario and Sherry from trolling for new victims - we are getting
nothing out of this besides knowing that we are doing the right thing.
We recently raised over $1,000 of our own money to help offset the
losses of one of their latest victims, Joan.

Take a look at the feedback provided. He has ripped of an unbelievable
number of people. And the lies Mario and Sherry spin are just as
unbelievable. Do business with these scum at your own risk.